rabbitsfortea

Siege and Storm
Through the Ever Night
Valkyrie Rising

Night School: Number 1 in series

Night School - C.J. Daugherty 1.5 starsOkay, I suck at reviews.Simply put, I really don't get the rave reviews on GR, but maybe because of those reviews my expectations were set pretty high for this.When I finally got my hands on it and started reading, it turned out to be your typical boarding school story with the typical love triangle and semi-angsty female lead. To be quite honest, I'm USUALLY pretty fine with this cliched storyline but somehow Night School just didn't work it for me. Probably because I'm not totally sold on either of the guys (Sylvian is just some creepy rich french guy who's supposedly totally hot and Carter is your typically broody guy whom didn't interest me) and Allie was getting a tad annoying.The whole mystery behind the Night School kids and Allie's brother was intriguing but unfortunately I really couldn't care less for the characters to want to find out what the heck was going on.So yep, this is so not the book for me. There seem to be plenty others who love this though.